Tuna Noodle Bake, or Tuna Macaroni Casserole is one of my favorite dinner recipes. Below are several steps made simple and easy, in order to make this super delicious recipe.
- 300 g Pasta Elbow Macaroni, or 8 Ounces Wide Egg Noodles
- 6 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Large Onion, sliced
- 1 Can (170 g) Regular Tuna Chunks in Oil
- 4 – 5 Tablespoons of Flour
- 4 -5 Tablespoons of Butter or Margarine
- 1 Cup coarsely grated Cheese
- 3 Cups of Milk
- 1 Can of drained and sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Can of Green Peas
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 Cup Buttered Bread Crumbs
- Cauliflower, sliced (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees. Prepare a large casserole dish, lightly greased.
2. Cook elbow macaroni or wide egg noodles using package directions, then drain.
3. While pasta / noodles are cooking, melt butter in a saucepan and saute’ garlic and onions until tender and brown. Add flour gradually until fully immersed in mixture. Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously until mixture is thick and creamy.
4. Add the Tuna chunks, grated cheese, mushrooms, green peas, cauliflower (optional), salt and pepper. Stir well then set aside your white tuna sauce.
5. In your casserole dish, pour half of the noodles and spread evenly in the dish. Top with half of the white tuna sauce. Pour the rest of the noodles into the dish, spread evenly, then top it with the remaining half of the creamy sauce. Sprinkle the top with your buttered bread crumbs.
6. Finally, place dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!