- 1 Lb Ground Beef or Hamburger
- 2 Tbsp Minced Onion (or onion powder)
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs (you can also use 1/4 Cup Matzo Meal. Oatmeal or flour also works)
Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar (You can also substitute this with maple syrup or honey)
- 1 Can of Pineapple Tidbits with Juice
- 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Corn Starch
- 1/3 Cup of Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Pepper
1. Mix together the following ingredients: Ground beef, garlic, onion, egg and bread crumbs (or Matzo Meal). Shape into meatballs of desired size. Set aside.
2. Pour all ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan minus the green pepper. Cook and stir continuously until boiling. Taste the mixture and add pineapple or sugar to adjust to your desired taste.
3. Turn down the heat, then drop in meatballs. Let it boil.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes to 20 minutes. Stir the sauce occasionally until done. Top it off with green pepper, and then serve with rice. Enjoy!